Amosplanet

Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish

SPF5000ES: Firmware Upgrade

Home Forums Solar Power SPF5000ES: Firmware Upgrade

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SPF_Energy
    Participant

Hi Amos,

I’m highly interested in firmware upgrade, because my 3 SPF5000ES still work with 067/068.01.104 and all fans working in full speed even with tiny loads…

Reseller does not respond, German Growatt support does not respond too.

But I don’t want to flash some FW from internet forums because of warranty reasons.

P/N of my inverters:
    SKSL00.0011301, FW: 067/068.01.104
    SKSL00.0011301, FW: 067/068.01.104
    SKSL00.0013200, FW: 067/068.01.104

I’d highly appreciate your help.
    Thanks so much in advance !

Thomas

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by SPF_Energy.
    SPF_Energy
    Participant

I prefer to flash by USB & ISP tool.

The ISP4.3 tool already exists – as you kindly supplied & described – and drivers are working on my WIN11 notebook. (Checked by PVKeeper)

Just need the update files.

Kind regards
    Thomas

amos
    Keymaster

Dear,

Firmware download For off grid inverter

You can find 4th one in the link, and try to upgrade it and observe if fan noise will descrease.

Thanks!

SPF_Energy
    Participant

Dear Amos,
    thank you so much for this article with downloads !

I’ll upgrade #4. (067/068.F4)

But there is more recent version described in #5. According to date within the filename.
    Are there other improvements within this 067/068.E2 and would it cover the fan issue also ?

Or should I focus on the fan issue FW only ? (#4)
    Just want to know before I progress to upgrade.

Thank you very much !
    Thomas

kirkdis
    Participant

Hi Amos, checking in with the question stated above.

Is the fan issue also solved in E2?
    Is the letter in the firmware an indication for the latest firmware? like E2, F4 so the next version will be something with “G”?

Would be great if you can bring some light into the versioning and naming conventions and of course a changelog for the firmwares would be great!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by kirkdis.
    amos
    Keymaster

Only firmwareb below can solve fan noise issue

4. When SPF 5000ES Has Loud Fan Noise, You Can Try To Upgrade Firmware Below:
    Please note that these firmwares below ONLY can be ugraded via newest control board that starts with 67.** Please don’t upgrade them via old control board with 40.**

F2809_SK067.F4_20221027_A

V103_SK068.F4_20221027_A.bin

amos
    Keymaster

1. Is the fan issue also solved in E2?

I am confused about E2 , please describe it clearly.

2.Is the letter in the firmware an indication for the latest firmware? like E2, F4 so the next version will be something with “G”?

NO, it is not the letter in the firmware an indication for the latest firmware.

“like E2, F4 so the next version will be something with “G”?”

I don’t think so.

kirkdis
    Participant

Hi Amos,

let me explain my idea about your firmwares:

with a little bit reverse thinking I checked the firmware file names for example of the F2809 chip:

F2809_SK067.F4_20221027_A
    F2809_SK067.E2_20221105_A

So there are some indicators for the timeline. first the Version numbering F or E. As you stated it is high likely the next one has a G in it. But more specific is the date format in the file name;
    For the F version it is 2022-10-27, for the E version it seems to be 2022-11-05. So E is a newer version than F. I would like to know if there is a bug solved in an older firmware why it is not also fixed in the newer version?

I would expect if I use the latest firmware (for example for the 06X versions) this is E2. What I´m not understanding is, the fan issue was solved already end of october in an older firmware but in newer ones (E2) the known fan bug is back again. Maybe I misinterpreting the version letters and the dates so I would be happy if you can clarify how the naming of the firmwares really needs to be understood.

Thanks for this website and all the information you are sharing. I have to point out that the customer service at least in my country for Growatt inverters and batteries is really bad so your blog helps us customers much more, at least if people have at least a little bit understanding of the devices…

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by kirkdis.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.